5.15.2010

Busy Busy Bee

I’ve been busy recently. No posts, lots of driving. Living in Mass certainly makes visits to family and friends take quite a bit more time. Instead of 2.5 hours, trips to see mom and pops take 6+ hours. Therefore, I have had no time to blog.
Finally though I have a weekend to catch up, and tell you about my mother’s day meal taken from Joy the Baker’s blog suggestions. I wanted to give mom the gift of a breakfast amongst other things because she so rarely gets to eat something cooked just for her. Mom’s day was special this year because we were all home, boyfriends included. I finally had the chance to meet my sister’s boyfriend, and we conversed about food as he is in the food industry.



Jack so kindly helped me out in making a crustless quiche of the mushroom and spinach variety. It turned out delicious, though next time we would switch blue cheese for Swiss and eliminate the walnuts altogether.



During the next the week, I found a nutty brown rice recipe to try from one of the blogs that I subscribe to. I changed the recipe a little to use red quinoa because I had it on hand, and quite honestly, because it is more nutrient rich. The result was delicious. Definitely use pecans as they are so creamy in taste and blend well with the avocado. The recipe was great for a quick dinner side, and lasted well through the week as leftover lunches.





During this busy time, I also had the wonderful opportunity to write a guest blog article for Edible South Shore magazine about my discovery of South Shore farms. The magazine is terrific for reviewing south shore local eateries, stores, and farmer’s markets. It has certainly helped me to discover many of the places I current shop for foods.

Lastly, I was given the chance to provide a breakfast for my work team of 15 folks this past Friday, which you will get to read about in the next post. It took me quite a few days to prepare with recipe researching and bargain food hunting…

Until then, Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment