6.20.2010

CSA Commences!

Two weeks ago our CSA began. I posted here about joining Kettle Pond Farm CSA in Southern Mass, and had been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the first basket. Finally, in the second week of June, it was time to begin the summer of abundance of farm fresh organic vegetables.

I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I was thinking something along the lines of leafy greens and onions. When arriving on pick up day, I realized I was partially correct, as there was just so so much more! We received garlic scapes, green onions, lettuce, Swiss chard, bok choy, radishes, and arugula. It was a lot more than I was expecting, and definitely a rush to eat it all before it went bad.



In the next week, we received a box similar to the first week, but with the addition of mixed greens, parsley, and kale.

We are very lucky as we receive a weekly newsletter from the farm ahead of time so as to know what to expect. This allows for ample time to plan meals around what we will be receiving. For example, this week, Jack and I made a homemade kale pizza, parsley pesto, and a tofu and bok choy stir fry.

As the weeks go by I will continue to post about all of the great foods we receive in our CSA box, and what we make with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment