2.28.2012

February Foodie PenPal Reveal!

During early February, I stumbled across a blog post from a fellow blogger that detailed a foodie penpal group, and gifts she had received from her penpal. Also in the blog post was a link to the organizer of the event, and the opportunity to participate. As soon as I saw that I could join, I jumped for joy! I love a surprise package in the mail, and if I can send one to someone else, even better!



The premise of the event is that you are assigned both a blogger to send treats to, as well as someone you will receive treats from. You exchange information, food allergies, and anything else important, send the packages by the 15th of the month, and then blog about what you received. While there are no strict guidelines on what to send, the gifts should stay under $15 total, which makes this a super affordable event to participate in.


I was super excited to receive my package in the mail from Lindsay, and fortunately for me, it arrived about 5 minutes before I was to go away for a weekend. I opened it immediately, and saw a giant cookie that was waiting to be eaten. It was both gluten free, and delicious! The rest of the box contained a variety of granola bars and gourmet nut butters. It was a box made for someone like me! My favorite surprise was a jar of Biscoff spread that is so addicting!


This was so fun to take part in, and I will definitely be doing it again in March. If you would also like to join the fun, here's the deets:

If you’re interested in participating for March, please send an email to Lindsay at theleangreenbean@gmail.com and include the following information:
-Your full name
-Your email address
-Your blog name/address
-Your twitter handle (if applicable)
-WHETHER YOU ARE A US RESIDENT OR CANADIAN RESIDENT

Email Lindsay by March 4th if you would like to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment